If you’re a paddleboarder, you know the importance of having the right gear. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting out, having an electric stand up paddle board pump can make all the difference. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about electric SUP pumps, from how they work to their benefits and drawbacks.
What is an Electric SUP Pump?An electric inflatable stand up paddle board pump is a device that allows you to inflate your paddleboard quickly and easily. Instead of manually pumping air into your board, an iSUP electric pump uses a motor to do the work for you. They come in various shapes and sizes, but most have a similar design. They consist of a motor that drives a piston or diaphragm, which moves air into your paddleboard through a hose and nozzle. If you’re looking to buy an electric pump for an inflatable paddle board, you must check out Airbank. Airbank is a high-tech company that specializes in designing, developing, and selling surfing equipment. Read Air bank pump Review to get deeper insights into the brand and its products.
How does an Electric SUP Pump work?Electric stand up paddle board pumps work by using an electric motor to compress and move air into your paddleboard. When you turn on the pump, the motor starts running, and the piston or diaphragm begins to move back and forth. As the piston or diaphragm moves, it creates a vacuum that draws air into the pump. Once the piston or diaphragm reaches the end of its stroke, it compresses the air, which then flows through a hose and nozzle and into your paddleboard.
Benefits of an Electric SUP PumpThere are several benefits to using an electric SUP pump, including:
- Time-saving: One of the most significant benefits of using an inflatable SUP electric pump is that it saves you time. Manually inflating your paddleboard can be a tiring and time-consuming task, especially if you’re doing it after a long day of paddling. An electric stand up paddle board pump can inflate your board in a matter of minutes, so you can spend more time on the water and less time inflating your board.
- Easy to Use: Electric iSUP inflators are also easy to use. Most models come with simple controls, so you don’t have to worry about complicated settings or configurations. You simply plug it in, turn it on, and let it do the work for you.
- Portable: These pumps are also portable, which means you can take them with you wherever you go. Whether you’re headed to the beach or going on a camping trip, you can bring your inflatable SUP electric pump with you and inflate your board quickly and easily.
Drawbacks of an Electric SUP PumpWhile there are several benefits to using an electric SUP pump, there are also some drawbacks to consider, including:
- Cost: Inflatable SUP electric pumps can be expensive, especially if you’re looking for a high-end model. While you can find some budget-friendly options, you may have to sacrifice some features or quality.
- Power Source: Electric paddle board inflators require a power source, which means you’ll need access to an electrical outlet or a portable battery. If you’re paddling in a remote location without access to power, you won’t be able to use your electric pump.
- Noise: They can be noisy, especially if you’re using a high-powered model. If you’re inflating your board early in the morning or late at night, you may disturb your neighbors or fellow campers.
Factors to Consider When Buying an Electric SUP PumpIf you’re in the market for an electric SUP pump, there are several factors to consider before making your purchase, including:
- Power: The power of your electric stand up paddle board pump will determine how quickly it can inflate your board. Look for a model with at least 20 PSI of pressure and a motor with enough horsepower to move air quickly and efficiently.
- Noise Level: If you’re concerned about noise, look for a model with a quiet motor or consider purchasing a pump with a sound-dampening feature. Keep in mind that more powerful pumps are likely to be noisier than smaller, less powerful models.
- Portability: Consider the size and weight of the pump, as well as any included carrying cases or straps. If you plan on traveling with your pump or taking it on long hikes to remote paddling locations, look for a lightweight and compact model.
- Compatibility: Make sure your electric iSUP inflator is compatible with your paddleboard’s valve type. Most electric pumps will work with both the standard H3 and Halkey-Roberts valve types, but it’s important to double-check before making your purchase.
- User-Friendliness: Look for a pump with clear and easy-to-use controls, as well as a digital pressure gauge that allows you to monitor the inflation level of your board.
- Build Quality: Consider the overall build quality and durability of the pump, as well as any included warranties or customer support options. A well-built pump will last longer and provide a more reliable performance over time.
- Price: They can range from budget-friendly options to high-end models with advanced features. Determine your budget and look for a pump that offers the right balance of performance and affordability.