How to Set Up an Author’s Page on Amazon When Using a Pen Name
How to Set Up an Author’s Page on Amazon When Using a Pen NameAmazon Marketing Services If you’re a self-published author, chances are you’ll be offering your books for sale on Amazon.com. Whether or not you currently have an account, there are a few things you should know about navigating Amazon’s Kindle platform most effectively as a published author, particularly if you choose to use one or more pen names. However, before we dive into the meat of the matter, let’s go over why and when you would want to use a pen name, how using one affects your publishing accounts, how to approach social media and other important considerations for using a pen name. Why and when to use a pen name? A “pen name” or pseudonym, is an assumed name that many writers choose to use instead of their real name. But why would anyone, especially you, want to do that? There are a gamut of reasons that many authors give for why they use a pen name at some point in their career. However, some of the most common are:
- To safeguard their real identity.
- To not be restricted by using their real name.
- To distinguish between the different kinds of books they write.
- You can’t use your pen name to create verified reviews.
- You can’t comment or use the discussion boards with the pen name.
- You are restricted to using a single name in Amazon discussion groups.