Professional growth is a top priority for individuals seeking to advance their careers. The Biiab Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders course is a promising personal and career development avenue. This course offers a unique opportunity to enhance one’s qualifications and opens doors to various career prospects in the hospitality and retail industries. In this article, we will explore the significance of this course and how it can unlock numerous opportunities for professional growth. The Biiab Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders is a nationally recognised qualification designed to ensure that individuals who work in establishments that sell alcohol in England and Wales are aware of their responsibilities and comply with licensing law. This course is essential for anyone aspiring to hold a personal licence or already working in roles where they are required to supervise the sale of alcohol. The course covers a broad spectrum of topics, including the legal and social responsibilities of alcohol service, the role and duties of a personal licence holder, the rights of the police and other authorities, and the penalties for non-compliance with licensing law. Completing this course and obtaining the Biiab Level 2 Award demonstrates a commitment to professionalism and legal compliance in the alcohol service industry.
Curriculum and Learning GoalsThe Biiab Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders course curriculum encompasses a wide range of topics to educate participants about the responsible sale and consumption of alcohol. Some of the critical areas covered in the course include:
- Licensing Objectives: The course underscores the importance of upholding four key licensing objectives: preventing crime and disorder, ensuring public safety, averting public nuisance, and safeguarding children from harm. These objectives guide responsible alcohol service practices.
- Alcohol Awareness: Delving into the effects of alcohol on individuals and society, this segment highlights the potential risks and harms linked to excessive alcohol consumption. It promotes a deeper understanding of the broader impact.
- Dealing with Conflict: Recognizing that the hospitality industry often involves challenging situations, the course imparts conflict resolution skills. These skills enable individuals to handle complex customer interactions professionally and defuse conflicts.
- Responsible Alcohol Service: Focusing on reliable alcohol service, the course instructs participants on identifying signs of intoxication and strategies to prevent overconsumption. This ensures the safety of both customers and the public.
- Record-keeping: This course section teaches students how to keep detailed records, promote transparency, and ensure legal compliance while highlighting the significance of correct documentation as required by law.